THE BEGINNING

"The time has come, the Walrus said, to talk of many things;of shoes and ships and sealing wax;of cabbages and kings."

So that's what I'm going to do in this online space.
Lately I have been thinking a lot about the "hereafter", not to be confused with the instances when I walk into a room and think,"What am I here after?" No, these thoughts are in the context of what we all have been taught, that there is life after death. As I stumble through my later years on this earth, I find myself thinking about that more that ever before. I keep wondering: do we really get to be with our loved ones who died before us?: do we finally get to see what God is like?: will we care? And so many more questions. I find that I am now in a "plan ahead" mode. I have never planned much ahead, always more of a spur-of-the-moment person. My second husband lived by the motto "Prior planning prevents piss-poor performance". He was probably right.
I'm not obsessed with death, just realizing that I've come a long way, done a lot and if it's near time for me to move on to the "hereafter", I feel like I'm ready. Strangely enough, I'm not afraid.

In the meantime, I would like to share some of this with you. So hold on and let's go for a ride!

Comments

  1. Great intro! So looking forward to where the ride will take us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THREE SQUARES

HALLOWED EVE?

TO BE AN ONLY CHILD