A FEW OF MY LITTLE POEMS
MEMORIES
Memories are with me
Quiet sleep I don't know
The mind's door is open
but they will not go.
When I was young
sleep was a waste.
There was much to do
and so, in my haste
I left not a moment
to things undone.
I enjoyed it all.
Each day was fun.
And since most were fine
I've decided to keep
even those memories
which deprive me of sleep.
2001
---------------------------------------------------------------
DROUGHT
The last green fingers of moisture
reaching out from their prison of dry farmland.
The once fertile fields fed by living streams
now chafed and worn by the plow.
Feed the people
and so they did.
But forgot to feed the provider.
How much longer can they last
before they die forever?
written en route across Texas with Angel Flight
1999
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DOWN
DOWN
We sat and waited for the rain
but it didn't come again.
Our trees fell down.
Our grass turned brown.
And still we muddled on.
We prayed and cursed,
went from bad to worse.
Yet we didn't comprehend
that we were the cause
nor did we pause
to think we were leading
ourselves to the end.
2013
Comments
Post a Comment