The Blue Jay and the Crow
A blue jay and a crow were sitting in a tree.
The crow said to the jay-
Why aren't you black like me?
Now that's a thought, replied the jay.
But how come you aren't blue?
You know it's better anyway.
Don't you see that's true?
I have white upon my breast
but you are black all over.
There's no doubt that I'm the best.
That's known from here to Dover.
The crow compressed a feathered frown
and slowly did take in
unkind remarks by this blue bird
whom he considered as a friend.
We both have feathers and a beak.
We both live in a nest
and no one listens when we speak.
How does color make one best?
The blue jay thought on this a bit
and finally did agree.
I had never thought of it
as quite the same, you see.
So I'm not black
and you're not blue.
I don't care-do you?
12/5/98
The crow said to the jay-
Why aren't you black like me?
Now that's a thought, replied the jay.
But how come you aren't blue?
You know it's better anyway.
Don't you see that's true?
I have white upon my breast
but you are black all over.
There's no doubt that I'm the best.
That's known from here to Dover.
The crow compressed a feathered frown
and slowly did take in
unkind remarks by this blue bird
whom he considered as a friend.
We both have feathers and a beak.
We both live in a nest
and no one listens when we speak.
How does color make one best?
The blue jay thought on this a bit
and finally did agree.
I had never thought of it
as quite the same, you see.
So I'm not black
and you're not blue.
I don't care-do you?
12/5/98
Comments
Post a Comment