APOLOGY

I must apologize to my readers, (if there are any), that I have not written in a while. I have stories which really need the photos to go with them but have not conquered the transfer of same to the blog. I will keep working on that. In the meantime here is a short piece I wrote
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He took care of her and she took care of him;they both took care of me.
That's the way it was growing up in our little house on Highway 202 in Beeville, Texas. No matter if Mama was busy painting a mural on the side of our garage or digging a hole for a new plant, when 5:00 p.m. came, she went in the house, washed her hands and face and freshened herself up so she would look nice when Daddy got home. She didn't have to consult a woman's magazine for pointers on "How to Keep Your Man". They loved and supported each other and passed that feeling of love on to me.
That love sustained me throughout my long life, keeping me strong through difficulties, enabling me to recognize blessings when they arrived and knowing deep inside that I could handle whatever came my way. I hope that I have passed at least some of that strength on to my five children. They have certainly given me love, the same kind shown by my parents and for that I am eternally grateful.

I have no idea why I sat down to write this today. Maybe because it's the 60th anniversary of marriage to Louis or maybe it's just because I'm on the backside of a very interesting life. I don't think I really have to have a reason for writing these thoughts. Just wanted to share.

September 14, 2017


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THREE SQUARES

HALLOWED EVE?

TO BE AN ONLY CHILD