I WANT

This corona virus social distancing thing is getting on my nerves, as it is for most everyone. I can at least blame my confusion on that now and lighten up on the "age" reason. I will just write some silly stuff because everything is so serious now. My children have all read this before but here goes.  I wrote it in 2000.

I WANT

  • I want a new license plate every year
  • to find my mailbox crammed with letters instead of junk mail
  • to see the other side of meat in the package before I buy it
  • to know the price of an article without having to decipher the barcode
  • to encounter a salesperson who knows the merchandise. Heck, I'd just like to encounter a salesperson!
  • to buy an article of clothing or other items made in the U.S.A.
  • to buy ONE battery
  • to buy apples by the dozen. Otherwise, why all that arithmetic I learned in 4th grade?
  • to open a newly purchased deodorant to find that it is actually the size of the box it came in
  • to call a business without being put on hold plus I don't want to listen to their choice of music while I wait
  • to talk to a live human being on the phone
  • to eliminate the bats in my barn without fear of reprisal from EPA or PETA
  • to be able to open a new package of anything without having to use my pliers and a handsaw
  • to open a bottle without having to match those little arrows.
  • to catch a fish, keep it and not have to worry if it's too small, endangered or contaminated
  • to eat a raw oyster fearlessly
  • to meet a Irish priest
  • to see a nun in "nun" dress
  • to be able to tell boys from girls
  • to see a well-dressed young person
  • to not have to look at dirty tennis shoes
  • to live in real time instead of daylight savings time-I'm confused enough as it is
I'm not really a negative person--all these thoughts just came at once.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THREE SQUARES

HALLOWED EVE?

TO BE AN ONLY CHILD