FROGS

This is dedicated to the women who may read my blog.

Long ago, when I was first beginning to date, some wise woman told me "you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince". I don't think it was my mother. although she was wise. Whoever it was , was right. Therein lies the theme of this short epistle.

 I had a date with a charming man one time when I was in college. He was very European. He had Russian hands and Roman fingers. One Date Diego, I'll call him.

On another occasion a friend of mine from college asked me to go with her to Memphis, Tennesee, to attend a Sigma Chi formal ball. Not wanting to pass up an opportunity like that, I happily went. Had an arranged date with a medical student I had met only once before and, as it turned out, he didn't know how to dance so I sat there all night! What a drip! After the dance we drove over to West Memphis, Arkansas, to a "checkerboard" club where Bo Diddley was performing. Idiot still couldn't dance but gosh, that music was terrific.On the way back to our dorm rooms, this jerk started practicing his medical knowledge on my body. I taught him one thing he didn't expect: an elbow in the solar plexis. He didn't touch me for the rest of the night.

There was another frog I dated for a little while when I was in college in Denton. He was, at least, a gentleman. Even in hot weather, he wore a long sleeve shirt so for some reason, one hot day, I asked him why he never wore short sleeves. He pulled back his sleeve and showed me an incredibly ugly tattoo of the head and tail of a dragon on his forearm. He said he got it in Korea and now wanted to be rid of it so he was having it surgically removed but they couldn't remove it all at once so they had taken out the middle first. Just picture it! I know that has nothing to do with frogs and kisses but I thought I'd just tell you about it.

Well, there were a lot of frogs in my young life, but thankfully, I did kiss one who turned into a wonderful prince. I married him and we had several little princes and princesses.


Comments

  1. What a sweet ending! We've all had frogs come a'courtin'!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THREE SQUARES

HALLOWED EVE?

TO BE AN ONLY CHILD