BLANK SPACES

 I have seven great-grandchildren ranging in age from one year to sixteen. It occurred to me that the ones who are elementary school age will have a huge gap in their development. Kindergarten and the first five years or so of school are so very important. Learning to interact with your peers is not effective on your cellphone. Thus, if they do not have the opportunity to communicate in person when they are young that just perpetuates the problems they will face as they grow older. It's difficult enough to have a meaningful conversation with anyone now but without learning early, it will be almost impossible to do so at a later age. 

I visualize this problem as a long blank space in a child's life and I wish we could correct that. I remember my elementary school days and am so thankful I had the opportunity to make friends and get more than just "book-learning".  School helped me in so many ways besides learning because as an only child I would not have had the opportunity to interact with my age group anywhere else. 

The resulting tragedies of the current situation are more numerous than many realize. Let us pray that we can work out a solution soon in order to save an entire generation from an empty life.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THREE SQUARES

HALLOWED EVE?

TO BE AN ONLY CHILD