FREEKEH FOODS
Recently I subscribed to a cooking magazine I had received some years ago. I was bored with my cooking so I was seeking something different. Boy, did I get it!
I read through the recipes and became thoroughly disheartened. Why, you ask? Because they contain ingredients like udon noodles, chickpea flour, (who knew?), oreschiette, farro or cracked freekeh---not to mention the sorghum like I used to give my cattle! Then there's buckwheat which I know only from the old movie series, "The Little Rascals".
You can cook dishes with coconut aminos, garlic aonore and an alluim confit but I'm not sure what is to be done with "groats". Out of all the peculiar sounding ingredients, groats sounds the most unappetizing. I also noticed that now flour can be made from just about anything.
I imagine these items are to be found in high-end grocery stores, with equally high prices but I don't feel that adventurous.
Comments
Post a Comment