A TO V

 

The other day I wrote that I had run out of new subjects and that I would quit this “Quips from Kay” site, but a couple of my readers have said they don’t mind repetition, so here I am again. One old friend reminded me of the stuff we used to do when we were in high school, but I’ll save that for later. I want to resend a note I wrote to my family way back in 1980 when we lived in New Orleans. Some of you won’t be able to relate to it but anyway, here it is. (OMG, that was 42 years ago!)

“I find myself in a “Goldilocks” situation. I have tried to find pantyhose that fit but in an era when manufacturers think that the average women is two sizes, that is 9/10, 11/12, 13/14, etc, it is difficult to find hose that are one numbered size. There are hose labeled A-B,C-D,E-F, and so on. Well, A-B is too short and C-D causes me to have to wear them up under my breasts because they are too long. I am fairly sure that the waist of E-F would wind up under my arms. If they feel compelled to use two letters, make something labeled B-C? That ought to fit us ‘in-betweens’. Is it because B and C are not allowed together? For that matter, neither are D and E. It must be some sort of nefarious plan on the part of clothing manufacturers.

There is another letter situation I would like to address. Why do people trying to make a point or giving choices feel compelled to use “a” and “b”?  Why not consider using the neglected letters of “u” and “v”?  Now “x” gets a lot of attention because it represents the unknown and everyone knows there’s plenty of that. I’d even settle for something in- between, such as the following.

   k. put gas in it

   l. don’t leave your beer cans strewn about

   m. don’t call me from Central Lockup at 3 a.m.

 Now see, wouldn’t the different letters put a little spice in your choosing? Think about it. ICU later. Got to go readjust my pantyhose.”

Comments

  1. That's fabulous! We weren't allowed to buy hosiery on Sundays in NOLA! And another thought, the hosiery corporations weren't saved because of all the people who would lose their jobs...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THREE SQUARES

HALLOWED EVE?

TO BE AN ONLY CHILD