FORAYS INTO THE CITY
This is a short story that I may have shared before.
When I was in college in Denton the powers that be were kind enough to take us girls in to Dallas every once in a while to see some form of entertainment. One such trip took us to see the musical Pajama Game. However, the leading lady, Janis Paige had become ill, so a stand-in named Shirley McLaine took her place and boy she was good! I think that was her first important role.
Another time we went in to see the Jose Greco Spanish Flamenco dance group. The dancing was wonderful and when I got back to the dorm I tried to spin around like he did and come down on one knee. It looked so easy when he did it. Ha! It's a wonder I didn't break my kneecap!
See, I told you it was short.
Comments
Post a Comment