ON LINE

 It seems that my aged brain is slowing down at a faster rater than I expected. I want to write more but can't get going. I found a bunch of little notes that I had written to myself suggesting subjects but they're short so don't expect much.

I begin in 1959 with my first baby. I had no experience with babies then so I learned something new each day just by the very happening of it. My poor little baby, Cristina, had colic, which I learned was the name for baby gas on the stomach. It seemed that no matter what I did she just cried and her tummy was bloated. No one gave me any good advice about this until I told my neighbor, an elderly woman from Mexico. She told me that I shouldn't leave the washed diapers on the line overnight because the night air on them caused the baby to have colic. Okay, that sounds crazy, but I was desperate so I started removing the diapers from the line before the sun set and guess what!!? It worked! Don't ask me why, but I was so relieved....and so was my baby. Doesn't make any sense but there you are.

























t

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THREE SQUARES

HALLOWED EVE?

TO BE AN ONLY CHILD