THE HOOD

 Hello again Finally thought of something to write about. 

I bought my house a little over a year ago and am happy with it. It's comfortable, close to shopping, not too far from the interstate, etc. However, there are a few quirks about the neighborhood.

My neighbor directly across the street is a Marine veteran and I applaud him for his service. The only problem is that he sits in his garage playing loud music into the wee hours of the morning making it rather difficult to sleep. I'm not going to bother him about it though, for obvious reasons. Two doors down from him there is a family that keeps their large outdoor flood light on all night. Don't know if they're trying to ward off vampires or robbers, but it's disturbing. Then, behind my house lives a dog that must be huge and unhappy because he moans and whines a lot during the middle of the night. That's not as disturbing though. Then there are the people right next door who go in and out of their driveway at all hours after they have taken a few minutes to start their pickup and rev up the motor. There's also my backyard neighbor who chooses to mow his lawn very early in the morning. Well, that's not too bad.

Anyway, I do love living here and there are worse things that go on in other neighborhoods and I am safe. So I just have to accept all this and get on with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THREE SQUARES

HALLOWED EVE?

TO BE AN ONLY CHILD