COLD MEMORIES
Sixty-five years ago we lived in Albuquerque and that's where my second child was born. We rented a house on the outskirts of town on a street called Nara Visa, This was not a well-equipped house as it had only one panel wall heater. For those of you who don't know, that's a heater about 3x5' built into the wall and it's not very efficient. When it was time to feed my newborn baby I would pull up a chair directly in front of the heater and hope we would both be warm. When I finished feeding him I would dash back to the bed and cover up with all the blankets I had.
I thought of this now because it's 43 right out our back door and we are all thinking that's pretty cold. Well, let me tell you, that's warm compared to an icy winter day in a little house in the outskirts of Albuquerque.
For obvious reasons this reminds me to ask that we all pray for those who have no shelter at this time.
Comments
Post a Comment