STEAM

I may have told you that I sold real estate in New Orleans but perhaps didn't tell you this short story. 

The  first house I showed was a small wooden structure and day was very New Orleans hot. Meaning there was lots of humidity along with the heat. As I got out of my car in the front of the house, I noticed what I thought was smoke coming off the roof so I called the fire department.  They got there quickly, of course, and started laughing which I thought was rather strange. The firemen told me they were laughing because it was just steam coming off the roof caused by the heat of the day and the moisture on the asphalt roofing. 

Needless to say I was embarrassed but "what do I know, I'm from Beeville"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THREE SQUARES

HALLOWED EVE?

TO BE AN ONLY CHILD