SWIMSUITS

 Having decided to join a health spa, I learned that I would have access to a swimming pool so I started looking for my swimsuit. Couldn't find it anywhere so I went shopping. I discovered that swimsuits are now made for those who have Miss America bodies or old half dead grannie figures. Being sort of in between I tried on several that were so ridiculous that I had to laugh. The experience of trying them on in front of a three-way mirror was the worst of all. 

I feel pretty good about myself most of the time. Seeing as how I am 90 years old I don't expect miracles in the way of physicality. On the other hand seeing myself in a three-way mirror was a bit more than I could take. I saw bits of myself I had forgotten about and it is just as well that I had. I stood there alternately crying and laughing and then remembered there isn't much I can do about it, so I gave up on the swimsuit idea. Anyway, for the price they are now asking I could have bought a ticket to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. 

I came home and started searching through drawers, shelves, trunks and whatever else for my old swimsuit and I finally found it stuffed in a forgotten corner. I thought Huh! this thing is 30 years old and probably won't fit. Lo and behold, it did! I was amazed! I still won't win the Mrs. America contest but at least I can now go and get some exercise.

Just wanted to share this experience with you all. Getting old ain't easy but there ain't nothin' we can do about it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THREE SQUARES

HALLOWED EVE?

TO BE AN ONLY CHILD